PADDLING TRAINING DAY
Scheduled for beginning 2011 - Date will be confirmed shortly
Unleash Compression would like to invite 20 paddlers to a unique training day to be held on the TBA at Clontarf Reserve. We are very excited to have Yanda Nossiter and Dean Gardiner from Ocean Paddler on aboard to take the training for the day. We will also have our very own Tim Hookins from Team Unleash there to assist with the day.
The training session will start at 7.30am, continue for four hours and will run as follows:
- 7.30am - Meet and greet. Time to grab a coffee and get yourself ready to for the session.
- 7.45am - Introduction
- 7.50am - A presentation by Unleash Compression on the benefits of compression and how to maximise the the use of compression.
- 8.00am - Out of water Strength and Conditioning training. This session has been designed to teach you as a paddler how to increase your speed, power and endurance. You will be shown the exercises and techniques and will then be put through your paces in a group session. You will learn some interesting tips that will keep your training exciting and will ensure you get the desired results.
- 8.50am - A presentation by SND Nutrition on the benefits of correct nutrition and supplementation. SND will have protein powders for you to try. This will be a chance to rest up after the out of water training session and re-energise before the paddling session.
- 9.10am - Tim Hookins will be giving a 10min talk on safety. Tim will talking about saftey equipment required when paddling and most importantly tips and techniques on how to get back into your boat after falling out.
- 9.20am -The team from Ocean Paddler will take over and the paddling training will begin. Dean will briefly talk about the right equipment required, maintenance and will give you some tips and techniques. Then it is in the boats to work on your technique and have Dean and our very own Tim Hookins assist you and give you guidance. Once every one is has had a chance to get some one on one time with the guys, then it is off for a 5km paddle around the beautiful harbour. This will allow you to put the tips into practise and ask for guidance.
- 10.30am - Back to base where we are going to hold a sprint competition where you could win a a pair of Unleash Compressions or some supplements from SND Nutrition.
- 11-11.30am - Unleash is going to put on a BBQ for everyone. This will give you the time to catch up with everyone and get a feed before heading off to enjoy the rest of the day.
$80 for the session. This includes the BBQ at the end of the event
Enter "Paddle training"
into the box.
Limited spaces available so make sure you register.
will have our range on display and available for purchase on the day. We will be offering everybody that attends a 15% discount on the entire range.