With a long history of research indicating that a high percentage of runners get injured every year, the more recent shift away from conventional running shoes and the literature supporting the use of more minimalist shoes and even barefoot, the story that is ringing true actually has nothing, or at least very little to do with that is on your feet. What is being shown again and again is that the most important part to running is technique. The ENHANCE Running program has been set up to address this very issue. Based on strong concepts of basic physics and biomechanics, the ENHANCE Running program helps to reduce strain on commonly injured areas such as backs, knees and shins. Along with this, the program looks to improve the efficiency of runners. By improving efficiency and reducing injury, running becomes a whole lot more enjoyable and easy to do. Part of the training for ENHANCE Running technicians includes identifying issues that require more than just technique instruction. As such we look to work closely with healthcare practitioners to get the best outcome for runners.
ENHANCE Running Clinic
The ENHANCE Running clinic has been designed to teach technique that will make you a more efficient runner and reduce the risk of injury.
- Efficiency: Transference of energy from legs through body and arms into pelvis
- Safety: Potential for injury due to aberrant shock absorption in lumbosacral spine
Points of focus:
- Forward head carriage
- Shoulder protraction
- Arm swing
- Pelvic tilt – sagittal and coronal planes
- Leg circle/ long pendulum
- Foot strike
- Stance phase
- Toe out
Cost: $70 per person
- Warm up – this will also serve as an opportunity to assess what needs to be focused on with individuals through video analysis.
- 7 Step process - chat about running technique and start into a 7-step process of introducing individual parts of running technique and talking about each before building on the last part.
- Test Run – The Enhance Running Technician will video you running and will break it down to the TWO most important things for each individual to work on.
- Wrap up and opportunity to view changes through video analysis. Also an opportunity to ask either the technicians any questions.
The video analysis and notes of the day will be sent to individuals on a USB after the
Beginners, intermediate and advanced runners will all benefit from the clinic
Follow up sessions:
Cost: $20 per person
Format: There are 5 follow up sessions designed specially in relation to the running clinic.
- Warm up
- Balance and foot strengthening exercises
- Drills – to practise and improve on what you learnt in the clinic
- Stretch and warm down
*Once the 5 follow up sessions have been complete then you can move to the 5 barefoot running sessions. They follow the same format as the follow on sessions.
35 Grover Ave, Cromer
Mob: 0412 061 882
Sara Winchester & Matthys le Roux
Suite 6, 104 Spofforth St
T: (02) 9904 0101
W: www.totalchiro.com.au <http://www.totalchiro.com.au>
Pete Garbutt, Mick Breen, Matt Bulman
Suite 10, 141 Flemington Rd.
02 6241 6060
Dr. Sherry Coons and Mic Mueller
Back2Health Chiropractic and Sports Injury Centre
2/164-166 Charters Towers Road
Hermit Park QLD 4812
P: 07 4728 3200
Dr. Luke Nelson
B App Sci (Clin Sci.)/B Chiro Sci, ICSSD, Post Grad Dip Sport Chiro
685 Centre Rd, Bentleigh East VIC 3165
03 9557 0251
Dr Patrick Sim
Shop 6, 5 Main Road
SOUTH AUSTRALIA 5152
Ph: +61 8 8370 1008
Fax: +61 8 8370 1081
Mob +61 414 634 016
Currumbin beach chiropractic
Shop 1, 778 pacific pde
Currumbin beach QLD 4223
Ph 07 5525 0622